AmorphousDiskMark measures storage read/write performance in MB/s and IOPS.
- Sequential 128 KiB block read/write tests with Queue Depth=1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, or 1024
- Random sequence 4 KiB block read/write tests with Queue Depth=1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, or 1024
- Sequential 1 MiB block read/write tests
- Random sequence 4 KiB block read/write tests
- Read/write MB/s scores
- Read/write IOPS scores in tooltip
- Test data: random or zero
- Test size: 50 MiB, 100 MiB, 500 MiB, 1 GiB, 2 GiB, 4 GiB, 8 GiB, 16 GiB, or 32 GiB
- Test interval: 0 seconds, ..., 10 minutes
NOTE: Please do not repeat the read/write tests unnecessarily. Repeating read/write tests may shorten the lifespan of your storage device.
MB/s: megabytes per second: 1,000,000 bytes per second
IOPS: input/output operations per second
KiB: Kibibytes: 1,024 bytes
MiB: Mebibytes: 1,024 x 1,024 bytes: 1,048,576 bytes
GiB: Gibibytes: 1,024 x 1,024 x 1,024 bytes: 1,073,741,824 bytes
- Choose the target volume from the volume selection popup button at the top right corner in the AmorphousDiskMark window.
- Click the “All” button.
- When the test is finished, press command - S to save a screenshot of the AmorphousDiskMark window.
- Write an Amazon review of your storage device, and attach the screenshot if you like.
A permission was given by the author of CrystalDiskMark to use the identical or similar user interface in this app. Blog by CrystalDiskMark author.